Sunday, July 04, 2010

Fireworks

We're very sad that this is the last year for Torrance's annual firework show. I finally got around to really reading how to photograph fireworks and here are some nice ones.


I used my 100mm macro lens, a tripod and remote shutter release button. I had to look up how to set some things but overall, I think did okay for my first time. The fireworks are at Wilson Park which is about 1 mile from us so we head over to the school to view them. The gate was open to the school so I found a nice spot to set up where people or things would be in my way although some of my shots have a telephone pole and some buildings in there.


I might have shifted something when I was trying to find the sweet spot so a lot are blurry. Still I'm really happy with them.

Some look like colorful alien flowers to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment