Thursday, June 17, 2010

Practicing

Photography is mostly fun for me. I try some settings, tweak a bit and take lots of pictures. The one thing I definitely love is that is there is always room for improvement.

I place myself in the advanced beginner phase. I strive to take better photos and hopefully learn something in the process.

I finished another beaded knitted necklace. Pretty rose tones and clear on the beads while the yarn picks up on the pink,lavendar and blue hues.
Loving the colors. Will fit a girl or someone with a fairly thin neck. The weight of the beads should stretch the yarn a bit making the necklace bigger.

Today I was trying to capture the true colors of the yarn and beads the way I see them. So here goes...


flash
Manual
the last photo is probably the closest to the real thing although my lights cast off that yellowish tint.

I tried flash, aperature mode and manual.

I've been working the last week on the Action Sampler that Hannah loaned me. I took pictures every day and had Josh jump off everything we could find. Today I went to pick up the film at Costco and my prints were awful. Only about 2-3 frames came out on each print so there is a black or white square where a frame should go. Total bummer. Hannah said maybe the shutters are broken. I left it all at Costco since I didn't want it.

I'm gonna try again with a new yet same cheap camera soon. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment