Monday, June 07, 2010

Foodie time



Last night we had Peruvian food at Intiraymi, a little hole in wall place right in between Chinatown and Olvera St.  Hannah found it on Yelp which my newest resource for food. Thankfully Hector agreed to go with me because he knows downtown from the good ol' days and Peruvian food piqued his interest. Also, Hannah and I planned a night shoot which can be a tad sketchy so I was happy he offered to be our driver.

Okay, back to the food. We read the reviews and Hector ordered the lomo saltado which is beef sauteed with onions, tomatoes and french fries served with steamed rice. It was very flavorful and salty which Hector refers. Good thing he took pictures of everything because he demolished it.  I had a bite and it was tasty.

I ordered the pescado frito which is fried fish with steamed rice and salad. My salad consisted of some cucumbers, sliced tomatoes and a big mound of slivered, pickled red onions. The green sauce (jalapenos) was very spicy so use sparingly unless you like having your mouth on fire. :) My fish was good but would have preferred a more traditional salad like the menu showed.

Hannah ordered a fish dish too, pescado sudado which is braised fish in a wine sauce with tomatoes, onions and steamed rice. Hector will be the first to say that he is impressed with the speed that Hannah can eat. A very useful skill indeed! :0

Overall, I think we were pretty happy with our food. The portions were large and tasty. Entrees ranged from $7-12. Lots of different selections in the beef, chicken and seafood categories.

I also have to comment on the Inca Cola that is a bright almost neon yellow-green color soda. Reading the reviews on Inca Cola made me want to try it and assume it was black or ink color. Hector, of course, pointed out my dorkiness and it's INCA. Not inka. Duh! Thanks honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment