Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Scraping by

Literally...since Sunday. I decided to tackle the 'popcorn' ceiling in the family room since it's a big mess already. I had my spray bottle in hand loaded with hot water to wet the ceiling then scrape it off. I'm too lazy to move all the furniture out or cover it so I work in sections. I covered the area with some drop cloths and a towel to wipe off any excess water off the walls and I'm good to go.

Of course the first day I didn't use a mask so I probably inhaled all sorts of dust and unknown particles. Plus my arm ached like crazy...it took me most of the day to scrape a couple of sections but now I know better. I just have to wet the area better to make the scraping easier. The next section Monday took me only a couple of hours and today I'm on a break.

I think Hector rather enjoyed me doing some physical labor on the house and spent his time laying on the loveseat watching TV. :) Well this is my contribution to the remodel and maybe some painting.

My goal is have the ceiling complete by Thursday so we'll see how that goes. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment