Monday, May 14, 2007

Mom's Day

Yesterday was fun but busy as we went to see both of our moms. We brought lunch and flowers for my mom. She is finally looking more like her usual self and in good spirits. My mom raised me by herself and even though we butt heads a lot, I love and appreciate what she has done for me. We had to rely on each other and I like to think she did a great job of raising me. My mom has always been there for me and I can't thank her enough.

Then we were off to Cucamonga to spend time with Hector's mom. L made some red chile and it tasted very good even though she hadn't made it in a really long time. We'll give you 2 thumbs up for the great dinner, L!! I have lots of fun with Hector's family since there is a totally different dynamic going on with his sisters, nephews and our kids. It can get very noisy and crazy with all the stories and antics. Hector's mom is amazing in that she had 7 kids and remained sane. I can say that I am her favorite daughter-in-law which was a piece of cake since the other one is MIA (long story). :) And there is L, Hector's sister is a great mom too. Her sons are growing up fast and hopefully she will devote time to herself soon. Las Vegas, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment