Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hat




I finished another project! This one was very easy to knit. My first attempt is an adult hat for my nephew's girlfriend (they're graduating from high school in June). She will be heading to Oregon for college so I figured she could use a cute hat and scarf. I finished her hat last week and am about halfway through the scarf. I made the hat a little bigger than the pattern since I'm learning how to adjust for gauge (see, it even fits my large noggin). I chose a nubby yarn which turned out great (you can't see any noticeable mistakes). Oh and I got new glasses...I decided to be daring and get the nerdy/cool rectangular frames.

The hat came out really cute so I decided to try and make a baby version. A friend is due next month and expecting a little girl so I made a little hat with purple and green yarn. The hat is very stretchy so hopefully she can wear it for a while. I had to find Joshua's Monkey to model the hat (too cute). Ha, Tyler saw that Monkey got to wear a hat so now he is requesting a hat for his Torchic!

I'm still trying to figure out what activities Tyler will do this summer. I had to write a list to make sure none of the dates interfere or overlap. So far he will have soccer camp (5 days) , church camp (5 days) and hopefully summer baseball. I think that will keep him busy and entertained.





No comments:

Post a Comment