Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Spy...



with my little eye and a lot of help from my zoom lens. On Monday afternoon Hector and I took a nice motorcycle ride in Palos Verdes. It is hillside community which overlooks the Pacific ocean depending what side of the "hill" you live on. The road goes past magnificent views and gorgeous homes so it's hard to decide what to look at.

Our first stop had a view of the Queen's Necklace which includes Redondo Beach all the way up to Santa Monica and Malibu. There was a little bit of haze but it didn't obscure the view of downtown Los Angeles. Hector decided to sit near the edge but I stayed back!

We continued our ride past Trump's golf course on toward San Pedro and Point Fermin park. This park is really lovely with huge trees and views of Catalina island. It is set on a cliff where every so often people jump the wall and try to walk to a path that leads to the ocean which results in someone falling to their death. I was taking pictures with my zoom lens of the cliffside path and noticed a man making his way down. A few minutes later, I looked for him and he was in the water but now, he was naked! Of course I had to take some pictures of him. It seemed that this guy is homeless because he was washing himself in the surf. He thought he was out of sight tucked behind the rocks but my zoom found him. Gotcha!


No comments:

Post a Comment