Monday, February 13, 2006

Yesterday, we took the kids to Disneyland for a little bit around 6pm. I figured that Monday was a school holiday for Tyler so we could stay out late. I also had to get Joshua his annual pass since he really can't pass for being under 3 years old now. The park was not as crowded as I thought it would be which was a pleasant surprise. We managed It's a Small World, Casey Train, Winnie-the-Pooh, Tarzan's Treehouse and Jungle Cruise in about 2-3 hours. As we were almost to the tram, Hector saw a very heavy-set man walking with a cane wearing loose fitting shorts. Hector grunted, "Ugh, did you see that guy?" So I turn to look and this man has huge fleshy mass (canteloupe size) hanging past his knees. Wow! What was that? Hector explains that the man has a hernia that settled in his scrotum that kept stretching! Whaaaaaaat? I was in shock that he could walk around like that at Disneyland with his sac in full view. Hector wasn't shocked at all since he's seen that at the hospital but for me, I was stunned. That was an educational moment for me!

The above picture shows how the intestine falls through the abdominal cavity and settles in the scrotum. I didn't realize that this could happen but what do I know? So just imagine this descending past the man's knees. Ouch. So note to self...get that taken care of before you start displaying your balls to the kids at Disneyland! Or maybe not...you can be obscene yet claim this is a medical condition. Brilliant idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment