Friday, February 10, 2006


We just finished a week of unusually hot weather. We had temperatures soaring above 85 degrees , dry and windy. That kind of weather spurred some wildfires that really sucks. Our winter months typically have more rain in January but I think it only rained 1 or 2 days. That means our local mountains are having a lousy season while the Sierra Nevada mountains are experiencing big storms which brought plenty of snow. To get into the winter spirit, I'm posting a pic of Tyler from last year March 2005 at Mammoth Mountain. I have a feeling that he won't be seeing snow this season.

February 10th is the day the movie Curious George opened in theaters. Tyler has been eagerly anticipating this movie since he has the book collection. I took Tyler after school let out and it was a really cute movie. He definitely wants to see it again so we will see. I was surprised that I also liked the soundtrack by Jack Johnson. It is mellow and folksy but should appeal to adults and children. I am debating whether to buy the CD. Not my usual KROQ alternative music.

I watched some of the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics which always great entertainment. That reminds me of when my husband was selected to run with the Olympic torch through Los Angeles ...the flame was working its way to Salt Lake City 2002. That was a memorable day...we got a group to stand on the street while he ran by. It was an emotional moment and very cool. I'll have to post some pics of his plaque and torch next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment