Friday, July 10, 2020

COVID-19

This is our story and what we experienced. Stay safe and at home when possible and wear a mask in public. 

First of all, I will be going back to February/March when I began journaling. I started Feb 16, 2020 mostly to use my fountain pens and jot some thoughts down. On Feb 26 I mention COVID and how it is spreading worldwide. I talk about the trips we have planned ie El Paso March 30 and masks. Our concert was cancelled. 

I went snowboarding at Mammoth Feb 26 to March 1 with friends. I remember discussing COVID but there is no mention of it in my journal. 

Life is normal, we vote March 3. My journal entry on March 5, I went to Target to get paper towels, TP, hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes. No hand sanitizer at all. News of Princess ship being affected.

By March 7, events are being cancelled. Stanford closed classes, SXSW cancelled. My friend and her family went on a Hawaii cruise (Princess) and was lucky enough to not get stuck on board after coming home. 

March 8: husband doesn't feel well. Chills, possible fever. I feel like I have a mild cold.
March 9: husband calls in sick to work and we both sleep in. 
He later goes out to mail packages and go to AAA. 
March 11: COVID takes over my journal entry. The symptoms are posted to differentiate between cold/flu/COVID. My symptoms according to this points to cold. But then Tom Hanks and his wife test positive and say their symptoms started like a cold. This is confusing since no one has any info and tests are not available.
March 13: I am trying to self isolate but feel better. Wasn't planning on going anywhere but my cousin texts saying 45 announcing national emergency so we should stock up. I get Tyler and we go to bank, fill car with gas and go to grocery store. It was packed, no carts to be found, limits on pasta and no TP, etc. but we get what we can. Josh's school is shutting down. Husband comes home extra tired and falls asleep.

March 14: Saturday at home. Hector is sick. He woke up sweating profusely and cramps. Now he thinks it may be tetanus!! He goes to the Minute Clinic to get a tetanus shot and Rx. We cancel on going to a party that night. I start with chills and feeling feverish.  

Note: in hindsight, we had no idea what was going on at this point. I need to have Hector fill in the gaps since my next journal entry is March 30. Reading what I've written I am horrified to realize how we went about our lives probably exposing people thinking only the elderly and immunocompromised would be most impacted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment