Saturday, March 19, 2016

Skew Sock progression

I was gifted a really cool yarn from a Puck This Ravelry member who has been dyeing her yarn and needed a test knitter. I jumped at the chance and started some plain vanilla stockinette socks. After about a few inches I discovered that the sock would be too big for my feet and probably everyone else I know except Tyler but I don't think he would go for the colors.

So I frogged it and started over using the Skew pattern which it a super unique pattern that throws the traditional sock knitting technique on its ear. I've knit Skew a few times before but not for several years so I was eager to give it a go.


A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on



A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on



A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

I am now past the heels and beginning the leg portion. So far, the socks are looking fabulous. Because of the construction of the socks, they can be difficult to get over the heel but I just slowly ease them up and once they're on, the fit is fantastic.

The heel construction is extremely cool but very hard to photograph so hopefully I will manage that once they are finished. The vibrant colors are so pretty and I can't wait to get them all done.


No comments:

Post a Comment