Wednesday, March 09, 2016

February/March faves

I'm combining my faves since the yucky flu/cold sidelined me for a bit..
I don't even know if I have done a favorites post this year yet.

Onward we go!!

1) JBL Pulse bluetooth speaker. I had an old Bose speaker that you put your iPod in it for many years and I think it got fried during one of our many power outages/surges. Hector got this for me for Christmas which you can connect your iPod thru a cable or stream music from phone/tablet. The sound is really, really great and I love the different lights.

2) Instant Pot pressure cooker. It's actually a multi-use cooker that has a rice cooker, slow cooker but I use the pressure cooker function the most and saute. Cooking pinto beans is a snap and I'm slowly finding recipes to try. Next up is Kalua Pork. 

3) Almond Cashew Pops. When Hector had his gallbladder out, the nursing staff gave him a gift basket and this was one of the items. Small bite-sized crispy rice with almonds, cashews and blueberries. Great alone or with yogurt. I tried finding it at Sprouts and saw it online! Yikes, it's pricy! Not worth that much...Hector found out where the nurses got theirs and drum roll.....Marshalls! So he found them for $7.99! Not the crazy $20/bag. :)

These are my top 3 for now...that reminds me that I can make yogurt in my Instant Pot and want to figure that out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment