Thursday, March 31, 2016

Baby Gifts

Chez Cheese is busy as usual...hockey playoffs are approaching fast, spring break is also around the corner while we gear up for some fantastic stuff.

My last post mentioned our cats and yarn and I should've known better...we were out of town over Easter weekend and I came home to a mangled knit hat. The kids need to pick up their items and so the cats can't help themselves. SIGH. It was such a cute hat and one of the first projects I knit when I picked it up again after a super long hiatus. I could have tried to fix it since it was just a few snags but the pom pom was destroyed and I just didn't feel like it.



So I moved on...some family members are having baby girls this summer and that kicked my knitting to another area that becomes almost obsessive in finding the cutest items to knit. 

Remember that half-done sock monkey? Well, it's all finished and looking cute. I even found a doll skirt pattern to make it cuter. 

Pink knit sock monkey

Once that was done, I  had to find more and boy did I find a treasure trove of cute plushies to knit. I whipped an adorable little owl that I haven't decided who it will go to but I will knit more of them since it uses up leftovers. 

Seamus the owl

I started another plushie that is OTN (on the needles) and it involves a bit more work but lots of fun stuff to plan. These are so much more fun for me than knitting baby blankets although blankets are super useful.

I think that the ladies in my family or anyone for that matter would love the owls as gifts. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment