Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Reyna

Finally shaking off the flu/cold that would not go away...seriously, this what H and I have been dealing with since January among other things.

I can breathe thru my nose and not have a coughing fit every 30 seconds now so that makes me pretty happy. Also, the kids managed to avoid both rounds of icky illness for which I am extremely grateful since this virus is super nasty.


I finished a project !!! I am doing my best to knit from my stash and even though I may not have as much as some stashes flashed on Ravelry, I do have plenty. My goal is to let some yarn go and be knitted up. Pretty obvious but for me it can be harder said than done. 

I get sidetracked rather easily and I am an expert at starting projects. Thus, my goal of completing projects goes hand in hand with my stashdown.

This skein of sock yarn has been in my possession for 5+ years. I tried a couple of patterns and it just wouldn't cooperate. That's a whole other issue of "yarn" and the perfect pattern. Luckily, third time (or more) is the charm and I found a lovely one skein project pattern.

Behold, the Reyna Shawl!! 


Reyna shawl finished and blocked. #2016stashdown #knit

A beautiful variegated yarn of MCN (merino, cashmere, nylon) that will be soft and cuddly against the skin. Magenta, pale green and light brown colorway.  I had to cut the pattern about 6 rows short in the mesh section otherwise I'd run out of yarn. Towards the end, I would weigh the remaining yarn after each row to get a sense of much I used up in each row. The bind off ate up a lot of yarn but I made it and had 4 grams leftover. Go me!

It can be worn as a shawl or as a reverse bandanna/scarf (as I like to wear these). The only issue I had is that the magenta color ran a lot when I soaked it before blocking. I don't think the color will run during wear since it didn't bleed on my fingers when it was knit up. The water turned a nice cranberry shade. Derp.

Still, that's the only issue and I love how it came out. Enough chatter and more photos.




IMG_6747.jpg


IMG_6755.jpg


IMG_6760.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment