Thursday, May 02, 2013

Tiptoe thru the Tulips

I have some sock knitting mojo going on lately which is really fun for me.

I really challenging myself with sock patterns by Cookie A this year. They are so well written and beautiful when knit up. She is also a featured designer with SKA this month so I'm challenging myself with another one so I'll have to scour my resources.

Meanwhile I finished her Tulips socks which is really nice pattern. Cookie A must have close to 100 sock patterns and each one I complete, that's my favorite. It is just a way to keep going. I can't just stop at one...

The yarn that came with the pattern is a pretty lilac/lavender color but as many people noted there is no nylon in this yarn (100% wool) so durability is a concern. So I will save that for another project and used another club yarn for the Tulips.

The yarn is Enchanted Knoll Farm in Genmaicha. It relates to the green tea (matcha) sugar cookies that was featured that particular month. Lately, we've been obsessed with a green tea salt we had at Gen, a fantastic Korean BBQ restaurant. It really gives grilled meat a great flavor so we hunted down the green tea powder and add it to some sea salt. Luckily, we live in a community where major Asian companies are located so we have lots of Asian markets/restaurants.

My socks look like green tea but much more vibrant, almost electric. :)

Tulip Socks

Tulips: overhead view

Tulips: toes
Such a pretty green.
Tulips: side view
Great design.
This was a fun knit and definitely will knit again but so many more Cookies to knit. :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I'm knitting Tulips now as well. Also not using the club yarn. Also plan to cast on another Cookie A sock for SKA in May. Looks like there are many of us with the same thought!

    ReplyDelete