Friday, May 03, 2013

Canon A-1: Mammoth and Bishop

I had a couple of rolls developed from our trip to Mammoth during spring break.

I'm enjoying the process of taking my time, composing and focusing. It is very different than a digital camera, oranges and bananas. :)

I shot a roll at Fossil Falls but figured out that I didn't load the film correctly so those shots are non-existent. I have to make sure the film loads properly and that solves that.

I even learned by Googling how to retrieve the film leader from the rolled up film so I can use it and not have it wasted. I realized the film wasn't used after I rolled it up or at least I think so. We'll see because that roll is in the camera now so I either have pictures on there or some double exposures. Oh well, that's half the fun.



Mid-air
At the train depot.


img084
Bishop

I challenged myself and brought on the film camera too. The weather was gorgeous and mild weather during the day & chilly temps at night.

Tanks

Some the photos are from Laws Museum just outside of Bishop, CA. There is a railroad station, little town and mining area.



Clouds over mountains


Crowley Lake
Lake Crowley


Bear Statue
Bear Statue at Canyon
View from Canyon Lodge

The weather was so nice and no crowds.

Train Depot

Blacksmith Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment