Wednesday, May 01, 2013

San Gabriel mountains

I posted this way back in November, and today I got some film back from that time. Note: that is a definite drawback to film. Also this is using the Minolta Hi-matic that was discovered in my MIL' s things when she passed. It is very nice to open that envelope  and see what is inside!

I do enjoy the rangefinder but I have fallen in love with the Canon A-1 (to be posted later). The Hi-matic is limited in what it can do plus the battery drainage is another issue. The pictures here are okay for the most part and I scanned what I liked the best.

Hazy LA Basin

There's this nice dreamy quality to my first pic and the Los Angeles haze/smog also helps. :) I just noticed that there is a couple of dust flecks in the far left middle. I'll have to see if that's something I can clean off.

Tree overlooking LA Basin

Here the light is totally different and I'm slightly off on the scan.

Binoculars

Tower
I really love the blue sky.


Radio towers
radio towers
More mountains in LA

Pretty amazing for a 40 year old camera. I'm more amazed that the photos are level. When I shoot digital, I'm usually tilted in one direction or another that I have to correct. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment