Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mammoth trip: Instagram version

I love taking pictures...

Lately I've been simplifying my gear to keep it as easy as possible for me. I do love my DSLR but lugging it around with all the lenses can be tiresome so I switch it up with my film Canon and iPhone.

We took a sort of impromptu trip to Mammoth one last time before the snow completely melted. Their last day of the snow season is Memorial Day weekend. Hector was able to take Monday off so we quickly planned a long weekend with the kids.

I took the kids out of school early Friday and we drove up that day while Hector took a flight to Mammoth the next morning. It worked out nicely. We got in 3 days of snowboarding in absolutely gorgeous weather. It was so warm we dressed as light as possible.

On this trip, the snowboarding lessons really clicked with both boys. We knew it would eventually but boy there were lots of complaining, whining and tears and all of a sudden, they're snowboarding. :)

Hector was able to get Tyler a board/bindings so we could just rent Tyler boots until his monster feet stop growing. :) Tyler admitted to me that having his own board really helped and he even said he had fun. It was nice to hear since T is that half sullen teen that doesn't get enthusiastic about practically anything but he acknowledged it  so I'm happy. :) Tyler was able to do the beginner runs without falling he will be set for next season and the intermediate runs.

Joshua did great as well even though he fell a couple times each run. He would get discouraged since he is such a perfectionist. I was surprised that Tyler mastered the snowboarding thing before Josh although Josh is better technique-wise.

On Mother's day the boys were super sweet with cards and gifts. The kids happily took a break mid-day at McCoy station so Hector and I could take a couple of runs on Stump Alley. The mountain was glorious and empty. I wore a long sleeve T and vest which was perfect. Hector wore a Tshirt and his arm got sunburned which quickly turned into a tan by next morning.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. Looking forward to next season. :)

Highway 395. #blue #skies #clouds #highway
Hwy 395. Pic taken by Tyler.
More clouds.
Pretty clouds.
Waiting for Hectors flight. #airport #mammoth
Airport

Happy Mothers Day! Having a wonderful time snowboarding with my guys. #mammothmountain
On the Stump Alley lift.
Gorgeous day. #mammothmountain
This was the most crowded time of the day. :)
Josh and Hector strapping in for another run
Hector helping Josh.
My wonderful family! #mammothmountain
Ready for their last run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment