Monday, July 09, 2012

Some knit tidbits

Got some knitting done and some more in the works....

Rollercoaster scarf2 Rollercoaster triangle scarf

I finished a Rollercoaster triangle scarf which was very enjoyable to knit. It was my playoff hockey knit which meant it was a simple pattern to memorize and pick up where I left off. It is Noro Taiyo sock yarn which is a blend of cotton, wool and silk. I don't have a lot of use for heavy wool scarves except in the mountains or hockey rink so this will be perfect for those cool days/evenings here.

Now for something different in my knitting world. The blanket. I have been knitting socks for 5+ years so that will accumulate a lot of sock yarn leftovers. I've tried using them up knitting monster socks that randomly uses the yarn into interesting pairs, a scarf and handwarmers. I've looked up sock yarn blanket groups on Ravelry, found some patterns that were interesting and last week decided to take the plunge.

Here is the beginning of the Apple Core blanket.

IMG_8476.jpg

I knit up an apple core using all those leftovers and sew the cores together to make a blanket.  I don't have a lot of bright colors but it'll do. It's kind of fun to see it all come together. Now I have to decide whether to sew them together as I go along or wait until I have enough for the blanket then piece it toegther to be sewn. And figure out what kind of stich I use to attach them together. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Apple core blanket in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment