Monday, July 23, 2012

Geeking out

We were invited to have dinner at my SIL's place this Saturday while Lita was checked out of memory care to have her haircut and a day out. After the tragic shootings in Colorado, I thought it would be good to spend time with our loved ones since we really have no idea when they will be gone. The boys are kind of young to process our thinking although they were great and didn't whine/complain like they can do and we all had a really great time.

We brought kalbi and kimchi (3 kinds) to enjoy along with some fresh strawberry/berry shortcake. Lita was doing well considering and it was great to see her eat something. I think that all the adults just took in the special time and enjoyed in for its simplicity.

Part of the time was spent researching these awesome cameras that were saved while cleaning out Lita's place. I sorta geeked out and my eyes glazed over!! New gadgets!! Well, actually vintage gadgets but still! These babies use 35mm film so once they are up and running, I will try some film out and see what they produce. Looking up the cameras on Flickr and seeing what people can shoot with these cameras is pretty cool and inspiring. Going old skool....

Miranda RE-II

Yashica FRII


These 2 cameras are SLRs and look to be in good shape. I have to order the batteries for them and give them a good cleaning ...


Minolta Hi-matic 11 rangefinder

This one is rangefinder which I've read about but never fully understood the mechanics. These were the cameras before the SLRs came out (I think) so I really hope this one works so I can try it out... Hector was able to shed some light on these and explain them better to me so I'm excited.

If anything, they will look great in a display case if I can't get them working or when I'm not using them. See, I'm still geeking out...


big grin

Crummy lips

Throwing in some pics of the kids....they are doing well this summer. Planning a trip to the Getty Villa later this week so something to look forward to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment