Wednesday, July 25, 2012

socks and blanket

I haven't knit nearly as much as I like the last couple of weeks but picked it up again this week. I found a pair of Blender socks that I started a while back and thought I'd start with some mindless stockinette.

I finished the heels yesterday and suddenly decided to make them into short socks. That just makes them done that much faster...

Short pair of Blender socks

Shortie Blender socks

Really toasty and warm. I could feel my feet heating up as I wore them a few minutes. One can never have too many socks, right?

My apple core blanket is coming along nicely. I'm not sure how big I want to make this but I want it as a baby blanket. I need to decide if it'll be a proper baby blanket (for a crib) or a snuggly kind of wubby baby blanket that a baby can use to soothe themselves. Either way I hope it will get lots of use. Even though I'm using sock yarn leftovers, the blanket is warm and light. I might have to consider making myself one someday which will take lots of leftovers.

Apple core blanket

Apple Core blanket: progress

No timeline on the blanket since I don't anyone having a baby but maybe one of my cousins will be expecting in the next year or two so it will be ready for them.



By the way: my chile rojo experiment was called successful by Hector last night. I'll have to try it again next time and see if I get the same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment