Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Activities of the New Year

Happy New Year! I've been saying it so much and we're only 5 days in. Today the kids began school again and it's time. We had a great time hanging out etc but they need to go back to school.
Here are some of the things we did...

  1. Hector and I went to the Kings vs. Capitals game. Alex Ovechkin is probably one of the top star players and scorers in the NHL so it's exciting and nerve-wracking to play against them. In the end, the Kings won 2-1. Yeah! Lots of people gathered to watch the warm-ups to see Ovechkin because we don't play many East Coast teams and to see him in action is pretty neat. Watch some of his incredible goals on Youtube.
  2. Later that night we took the kids to Go Kart World. Hector and the boys have been there many times but this my first introduction to that "world". We received a few Go Kart World passes so this time I thought I would join in and see what the boys were raving about. My wrists were aching after the first track and that was the mini track which was too small with lots of left turns. On to the next event...the bumper cars. That I liked. The four of us ramming into each other...good times. Super Track was next so Josh and I rode together. Yikes! After getting strapped in and ready, I floored it and nearly took out the employee's leg off. Whoops, sorry my bad! These little go karts aren't the best at precision steering and wow, that track is a 2 level figure 8 track.  I had my fill by that point so I sat out at the Turbo Track which is pretty narrow and tricky. This is where I managed to take my bad pictures of the boys. I don't think I will go back since it's loud, stinky and don't see the appeal. Must be a guy thing!
  3. Oh, I forgot! After the Kings game I was starving but didn't want to eat at the overpriced restaurants and as we were crossing the street, Hector saw a Mexican fast food place. I ordered a torta and horchata. Yum. And under $8.  I call it LA Live adjacent. And they named a burrito after Carlos...
  4. I also squeezed some girl time with my friend Veronica. We hit White Point in San Pedro for some good ol picture taking. I'll post pictures for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment