Sunday, April 12, 2009

Zoo

We took an outing to the LA zoo today....Hector and I haven't been there in years!!! Maybe since elementary school. I though maybe because it was Easter that it would be empty but I was wrong. Oh well, we bought a family pass so we can go back again this year. The weather was very nice and mild although the kids complained about the hills and smell (come on, we are at the zoo!).

I took lots of pictures and tried at times to use manual focus although I need to remember my monopod. Some came out and a lot didn't but it's all practice and learning for me. The tigers were my favorite and all four of them were pretty active so we must have arrived at a good time. The giraffes are also very cool since I don't have to deal with shooting through plexiglass or wires cages.


Here are some of my favorites of the day....

Reggie the infamous alligator that was finally caught about 4 miles from where we live...
Very vibrant flamingoes.

Gorgeous tiger.


Sweet giraffe.
I'm looking forward to going back soon and taking more pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment