Sunday, April 19, 2009

What else will go wrong?

This afternoon, the lamp in the family room TV went out. Yes, our super huge 60 incher. The one where I can stand in the kitchen (on the other end of the house) and watch TV. Of course, this happens on a Sunday so no one is available to either sell us a lamp/bulb or come over to take a look at it.
Luckily for us, that leaves 2 other TVs in the house to watch my usual shows. I think the DVR should still record for later viewing but I have certain shows on one DVR and other shows on the bedroom TV. :)
Tonight Hector and I will be heading over to the Chart House to celebrate our birthdays. Our friend Mark gave us the gift card to enjoy at Mammoth but seriously, my children do not appreciate fine dining. This way we can enjoy our nice dinner without breaking up some childish argument and the kids get enjoy time with grandma. :) Win-win.

I went through the accumulated mail and cleaned the stovetop. It's nice to see the granite countertops and stove all black and shiny. :)

The stripey Noro socks are coming along nicely. Because I have to deal with stripes and more than one strand of yarn, I opted to knit them one at a time. First sock is done; it must have been a personal record for me. One sock done in 4 days. The sock looks great, nice contrasting stripes but I made the foot a bit short (for me). No problem, I know plenty of people with smaller feet. So I cast-on for the second sock and knit happily along for a few inches while Kat came over to visit. Then I discover why I need to knit socks 2 at a time. the second sock is smaller than the first. By an inch in width. UGH. Hey, but I'm gonna keep going...maybe my multiple attempts at trying on the first sock stretched it out a bit. Just keep knitting...just keep knitting! :) I will purposely ignore the obvious differences and just say the socks are unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment