Saturday, April 11, 2009

Winter, uh I mean Spring Break continued...




Although we had winter weather during our spring break, we had loads of fun. I wasn't taken totally off-guard since I check the weather at Mammoth before we head up. The first day skiing was awesome, temps in the low 50's which is pretty warm. I snowboard with Tyler while Hector is with Josh...Tyler and I go all over the mountain since it's mostly intermediate runs.


The second day was still blue skies and sunshine although cooler then the colds started blowing in. That night, snow began falling and continued through the night. Wednesday was our day off from the mountain which was a good thing since there was gusty winds and snow. Not fun. Another friend and her family arrived on Wednesday and went skiing. They said it was not fun.


Instead I took the kids just outside the condo to play in the snow. There is a dismantled tennis court so Josh discovered running then sliding along the court. Plenty of snow to make snow angels and romp. They had a great time. For the rest of the week, every morning gave them fresh snow to play in.
Overall, the week was great! Fresh powder to snowboard in is pretty fantastic. A good way to end the season...I had fun taking pictures of the kids so maybe this summer, we will come back to explore and absorb nature!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment