Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sharing

Today I am going to share with all of cyber space my recipe for the Bestest Lemonade in the Whole World. I believe it to the bottom of my heart. My friend She-ra once asked me for the recipe and I laughed. What? It's lemon juice, sugar and water. Nothing more than that. But no, there are ratios and measures according to her when she handed me the recipe for her lemonade. The juice of 2 lemons, x amount of sugar and water. 2 Lemons??? That is absurd! I squeeze about 8-10 lemons for a half gallon pitcher.

She-ra has a beautiful old lemon tree just overloaded with lemons for the taking. I just collected 3 bags full the other week. I squeeze the juice out and put it in a container. Reminder: warn people which container has lemonade and which one has pure lemon juice!!! Very important. I've 2 occasions where the unsuspecting person took a big swallow of lemon juice. Ugh, my teeth ache at the thought.

Okay, so here is the recipe...remember you got it from me!

12 oz. lemon juice (fresh is the best)
~ approx. 1 1/3 cup sugar (start at 1 cup and then add the 1/3 cup to taste)
add water to make 1/2 gallon (64 oz)

You're welcome! Now I have to make some lemonade because Tyler and Hector guzzle it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment