Monday, February 16, 2009

Creative Process

It might seem that I knit a lot but what you don't see is the numerous attempts at starting a project. Take this weekend for example, we pretty much had a free weekend except for doing our taxes so I thought I'd have plenty of time to work on a project or 2 (depending on my mood or attention span). I worked on some socks..the pair that originally started as toe-up socks, then ripped out to begin some Monkey socks then ripped out again because I didn't like how the yarn felt. Sounds kinda weird plus I didn't like they looked. So I spend loads of time browsing my books, magazines etc to find the 'right' project. I look online to see how the same yarn is used by other people to get some insight. Nothing. Okay I did start a scarf with the same yarn and I had to start it at least 3 times. I first cast on the wrong # of stitches and by the 3rd row wondered why the pattern wasn't working. Then I tried again with the right # of stitches but somehow had too many by the 3rd row. Repeat a few more times.

Then started same scarf project with a completely different yarn and so far about 3 inches done and I'm okay with it. And that was just one of my adventures.

I tried starting a baby sweater for baby D and got about 4 inches done before giving up & ripping it out. Just not feeling it. I tried a baby hat ...same situation.

To sum up, I didn't accomplish much this weekend except I didn't start anything worth working on. I tried but I've got nothing. Today is scarf day which I suppose it's fine but scarves are soooo long and that can get tiring. I might have to come up with another back-up project soon so I can switch between them. Very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment