Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Latest TV Obsession

I have a secret.




Okay, it's not really a secret.... more like a guilty pleasure....but I don't feel guilty about it.
I like Korean soap operas. For the record, I am not Korean.

I don't remember how we stumbled upon this channel but most likely Hector was channel surfing and came upon Chilwoo the Mighty. Although the TV listed it as Formidable Rivals. Set in the feudal era, we watched some young boys affected by the war/conflict then onto adult life. It was quite fascinating..so much that we stuck around to the end just to find out how it would all turn out. Yes, 19 episodes later we reach the final one....and for some reason the DVR doesn't record it. Booo! I found out later that the listing changed although it was shown at the same time so the DVR didn't recognize it. I still have to watch the final episode on youtube.

Then it was on to the next one Matchmaker's Lover. This was different; set in present time. We spent another 16 episodes on that one. The next one we skipped because it didn't interest us. Something about television behind the scenes stuff.

This is the current one now...I am up to the 4th episode out of 24 and I like this one. It is way too complicated to explain but it's about the lives of rich spoiled kids in high school. If you want to read more about it.... Boys Over Flower. I get 2 episodes a week so it's a lot of fun although I have to read subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment