Sunday, February 08, 2009

On a Roll

Now that our ski trips are over (for now) we can settle back to our normal lives. Kings hockey has become very exciting since the Western conference is extremely tight. The Kings along with all the other teams have shot at the playoffs and there is still 30 games to go. Lately the Kings have been doing really well on the road against some tough teams. I'm happy that they will return home on Thursday so I can see a game up close. Isn't weird that I'm hockey-obsessed now? :)



I'm getting some knitting done. I have about 3 or 4 projects on the needles right now which I rotate depending on my mood. The socks that I started around New Years are finally done. These are the first socks that I've knit for Tyler. They are plain knit socks in KnitPicks Essential yarn. The yarn is soft, easy to work and hopefully durable.





The other projects I'm working on are

  1. Monkey Socks. I'm using Wildfoote yarn in pinks, white and yellow. At first I thought these might be too small for me but I managed to get it on. I am nearing the toe so maybe by tomorrow I'll have pictures of the completed socks. I love this pattern so you 'll be seeing more of these this year.
  2. Toe-Up socks. The socks I knit are top down meaning I start at the cuff and continue down to the toe. This time I am knitting the oppposite direction which means this will take me twice as long because I have to read the instructions several times to make sure I'm doing this correctly. It took me many attempts over the last year just to manage the cast-on. I must have had some kind of mental block because I couldn't figure it out. The one cast-on that finally clicked is Judy's Magic Cast-On and I forge on. These are knit in stockinette so I have less to worry about but the yarn I'm using is really cool self patterning. Sensations Soles & More in pinks, grays.
  3. Felted Slippers. I made these for my mom for Christmas which she loved. Nice cushy and warm slippers to wear. Unfortunately she threw them back in the washer and shrunk them even more! Argh. So I need to make another pair for her. At least these are on big needles so it shouldn't be too long if I don't get distracted.

I need to upload some more photos because yesterday we handed Tyler a digital camera and he came back with some cute pictures. Sure, most of them are of his stuffed animals but he centered and composed his shots nicely. Hmmm, maybe a future photographer?

No comments:

Post a Comment