Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Protection

The other week or so I was showing my cousin the helmets we use for skiing/snowboarding. She had asked if she should get one or not. In the beginning I wasn't too keen on them but wore one anyway. I got a pretty light blue helmet that stood out among the many black helmets. Hey I still wanted to make a fashion statement. Well, I crashed one day on Stump Alley when I caught a heel edge which sent me flying backwards downhill and BAM! I fell on my back and my head slammed against the ground. Later I saw that I cracked the styrofoam inside which did its job of protecting my head. Yeah, I was a little dazed but no injuries. So after that, I have no hesitation at wearing a helmet.


My cousin mentioned that a friend of hers bonked his head on slopes and ended up with short term memory loss. Yikes.







Then I saw Tyler's helmet...um when did this happen?
Above is the side view of his helmet which looks okay but...

it shouldn't have a crack...
or a major rip through the plastic and the styrofoam. On our last day, Hector and Tyler hung out on the slopes. Tyler did have a big fall and that is the only incident that I can come up with to account for the damage. So Tyler will be needing a new helmet ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment