Friday, January 09, 2009

my faves 2008

I just have to mention a couple of things I fell in love with in 2008. I was in Sephora which is a dangerous place to be when you love makeup etc. Dozens of makeup lines waiting to be sampled and tried. Heaven! I saw the Stila Smudge Pot trio and tried it again. Now I have to say I bought one several years ago and it must have been defective because it was hard, dry and painful to apply. Luckily the Stila rep was there and she demonstrated the product which was completely different than I remember. So I bought it. Hey, it was a deal for $32. Three little pots in black, gray and bronze. Much easier to apply. I'm sold.



Here is the link to learn more. The perfect eyeliner, kind of like liquid but with more control and it stays put for a long time. I tend to rub my eyes or get dust particles in my eye (unrelated to the product) so the tears might rub some of the liner off. But for the most part, it lasts for the day.


That's not all what I bought while in Vegas. Lupe wanted to get some Christmas shopping done there so we headed to the Fashion Mall about 1 mile away from the Bellagio. We walked there so naturally we gambled our way there which made our one way trip 2 hours. :) Lupe saw the Sanrio store (home to Hello Kitty) and wanted to go in. One of her co-workers loves Hello Kitty and even has a wallet. I didn't mention to Lupe that I had a crystal encrusted Hello Kitty mirror which weighs a ton. Shhh! :) She is browsing and so am I when I came across this.....


Hello Kitty in an adorable pirate inspired outfit but that's not all....

Yup, it's a iPod nano cover....so awesome! Lupe couldn't quite figure out why I was so excited about. It's a iPod cover..she has a plain one for hers but this is HELLO KITTY! I absolutely love it.
My 2 favorite products of the year found in Vegas. Yay for me!
I'm sure I have more but these are the standouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment