Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I'm Semi-Famous

I've been knitting (seriously) for about 2 years now and the internet has been a wonderful resource of information and ideas. I kept noticing that lots of knitting blogs mentioned Ravelry. Hmm, what is this? Well, it's a great community for all things yarn. There are tons of patterns to check out and display, forums, groups etc. The possiblities are endless. There is a waiting list to join but it's free. I can show off my latest finished project and find the pattern on ravelry, click on a button to see other knitters display their projects. It's a excellent way to see how it will look on other yarns and gather tips on ways to modify too.

So I have several items posted but my first project is the Carrot Top which is an elf hat that uses up various yarns to create stripes. Starting at the top, you gradually increase the stitches to fit the intended person. I made one for both the boys which they still love. I didn't take pictures of those for Ravelry but made another baby elf hat with pastels and posted pictures of that. Today I check my messages and it requested the use of the image to post. Cool! So my hat is one of the representations of the pattern. Here is the link although I think you have to be a member to see it.



this is the picture that they used although Torchic's face is kinda obsured but that's due to flickr. I guess the site wasn't able to handle the awesomeness. Hey I can make a baby hat from this pattern for baby D. That should take no time at all. Got to get started on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment