Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rude People

Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I worked at a retail pharmacy. I had to learn the customer service policy and in the last few years, the company sent secret shoppers weekly to evaluate the employee's customer service skills. So I had to go to my former company to return some bug repellent that I bought (not the right ingredients) and pick up a few other items. There was only one line with about 4 people waiting so the girl did the right thing to call for another checker. A woman in front of me left to go to the other register along with some others behind me. So there was one woman being rung up before me and some guys after. I also had the boys with me and they were doing all right but kinda ancy(?) and it's my turn. Yeah. I tell the girl at the register that I wanted to return the bug spray and buy 3 items. Then she has the nerve to ask me, "Is it okay if I ring up the customer behind you? He has only one item." I blew up at her (inside my mind), looked at her for a few seconds but said,"Fine." But I'm thinking that should be my decision to let that man go in the first place, not hers. He chose to stand behind me or he could have moved to the other line. It was friggin notebook paper he was buying. I have 2 kids with me and it was not right to bypass my place in line for some guy. As you can tell, it still irks me. Hector always tells me that I have a BAD temper that I need to calm down and I did keep it together (although it killed me inside).

No comments:

Post a Comment