Monday, August 07, 2006


Ok, I'm actually on top of things right now. When I plan on travelling, I spend lots of time researching the location and hotels. Trip Advisor is a great place to see reviews of hotels, resorts and attractions. While checking out the Phuket forum, I kept noticing people talking about Phuket Richard. There was so much praise and good comments about him that I read more. It turns out that he works with diving excursions (not interested) and takes visitors to the elephant rehab center. This center takes in neglected or abused elephants used in logging and rehabilitates them. Richard takes a group out to the center where we can interact & feed the elephants then get a chance to ride the elephants into the jungle for an hour. Richard also has a rapport with some gibbons monkeys so we'll be able to get up close and help groom them. I wonder how Joshua will react to the elephants but I showed him lots of photos with kids on the elephants. I asked him if he wanted to ride the elephants and he said, "Ok, Mommy."

When we travel, we kind of go with the flow but I knew that this particular trip will go fast. I emailed Richard and he replied the same day with all the information. So now we are set with the day we will visit the rehab center! I am so excited. A friend that will be travelling with us is bringing his laptop so I hope to be able to upload my photos and post a couple blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment