Saturday, August 12, 2006

Discovery


I love my iPod. Hector gave me my 1st iPod about 3 or 4 years when they became THE hot item for Christmas. Of course, every place he tried was sold out and just by chance his brother Carlos found the very last one at a Best Buy in Las Vegas. The 3rd generation iPod had battery issues and it kept dying on me so the next Christmas, Hector gave me the 4th generation iPod which is my main one I use. Since then, he has given me a shuffle and a nano which makes it a total of 4 iPods. Each one has a use in my life and I thought that would end there. But there are the accessories...cases, chargers, adapters for home, car and the list goes on.


It becomes a personal extension of the owner and I've enjoyed all the music that we've collected over the years with the addition of itunes to fill in the gaps. I forgot when podcasts began but in the beginning the picking were very slim. A few interesting topics from people all walks of life. I subscribed to a few and quickly lost interest. Just recently, I went to the podcast section to check it out again and boy, was I surprised!. Podcasts are now slick, entertaining, professional (for the most part) and FREE. Television shows have them and some are even in video. Tim Gunn from Project Runway (my fave show this summer) has one which is so good. I don't have a video iPod since I didn't feel the need for it. I mean I can watch the shows available on TV ; I don't want to see it on a small screen. Although I am coming around now, maybe I should ask for that video iPod for this Christmas.

I also have a connection so I can play my iPod through my car stereo. It is not the FM transmitter type but the kind that is hard wired into my car stereo via the CD changer. So I get super crisp sound and all my music that I own. It is great for long trips and Vegas. Hector is my handy man and saved me $50 installation by doing it himself. My car is my baby and he removed the backseat to get the cables from the trunk to the front. He put my car back together again with everything hooked up. If you have an iPod and plan to keep your car for a long time, look into this method because it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment