Friday, March 10, 2006

TGIF !!


The weather people have been warning that a big storm is coming today and will last the weekend. I think they are actually right this time and of course, Hector decides to take Tyler to Big Bear mountain this weekend to go skiing. Big Bear is expecting lots of snow at least Tyler will get a kick out of that but it will be very cold and windy. This trip is a father-son weekend while Joshua gets to spend time with Mommy. We already had our pancake breakfast before the rain comes down and managed also to go to the grocery store too. I don't think we have to leave house at all today so we can be warm and cozy when the rain comes down.

I'll see if my mom will babysit so that I can go shopping with my friend Kat. I need to find some clothes for Maui and she needs to find clothes for her cruise is 2 weeks. Oh, I also had my appointment with the podiatrist Thursday. He took a x-ray of my foot and confirmed that I have a bunion on my right foot. I had thought that wearing tight, pointy shoes caused bunions but the doc says that bunions are hereditary. The big toe has 2 phalanges, 2 joints and 2 tiny round sesamoid bones that enable it to move up and down. From the x-ray I found out that I have only 1 sesamoid bone which causes the ligament to pull my big toe inward and form a bunion. I will need surgery but it is an out-patient procedure and under local anesthesia and sedation. My foot will need about 6 weeks to heal so I will schedule it end of April/early May. I don't want to be recuperating when I have Maui and Vegas to enjoy next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment