Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Paddy's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day to y'all! According to my son Tyler, he doesn't think there is anything special about today except that people wear green. He hasn't learned that people also drink green beer and eat corned beef & cabbage. A friend of mine from the Chicago area said that Lake Michigan gets dyed green today. That would be a sight.

We have another rainy weekend in store for us. I'm not sure what we are gonna do. My friend Vickie says a St. Patrick's Day parade will be on Saturday but it will be not as much fun when you're standing in the rain with 2 kids. Maybe I can get my husband to watch the boys so I can go shopping. I probably will just curl up by the fire and play our latest video game with my hubby. It is called Champions of Norrath which is a fun since we pick a character to fight monsters and complete quests to save Norrath. There are very few games of this type that let 2 players side by side. I guess this is cooperative playing since we are on the same side instead of against each other. We have been playing for a while and I think we are getting towards the end.

My son brought home his first note from the principal the other day. It said he peed by a tree in the playground instead of using the restroom. Just when I think he is being good & doing well in school, he gets in trouble. After many questions, I find out that another boy peed first then Tyler decided it was funny too. He was scolded and his TV watching was suspended for a few days. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will start developing some common sense very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment