Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Cowl Curling

I've been finding my knitting mojo again which is really nice and relaxing for me.

Another challenge coincides with the Winter Olympics so I listed a cowl and finishing my 10- stitch blanket as my goals. The cowl was finished fairly fast in a couple of days. It's a cowl type that I normally wouldn't consider for myself mostly because of our SoCal weather is not that cold. we usually wear cowls as accessories not practicality. 

My friend Jayna showed me a cowl she bought which is close fitting to her neck yet a lighter yarn with looser stitches to allow air circulation. I searched for something similar in the Ravelry database and found Hallgrimskirkja cowl and paired it with some Noro Taiyo sock yarn. This particular yarn is cotton, wool, silk and nylon blend which will be nice since I didn't want something too scratchy near my neck.

I liked the result so much I casted on for another.





A post shared by Debbie T (@moodybq) on


I've already used this for our outings to the Redondo Beach pier. It's been very chilly at night and this cowl is perfect, providing the right amount of warmth for me. I also earned a medal in the Cowl Curling category. 


A post shared by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

No comments:

Post a Comment