Thursday, January 25, 2018

January Hat Trick

January is zipping by but this month is the annual Puck This! hat trick challenge. We knit 3 hats for the month to get our hat trick! No prizes or awards just the great satisfaction of knitting hats! It's always a fun time since I'm introduced to hat patterns that I haven't seen before and there are probably thousands out  there.. or close to it. 



A post shared by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

This is hat 1, the Miki pattern that a fellow raveler introduced to the group. It's a free pattern and it looks great on everyone. I really enjoyed knitting this one and plan on knitting more especially for my male peeps.



A post shared by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

Hat number 2...the Messy Bun Hat. My hair is too short for a nice full bun, messy or not. It's a nice coral/hot pink color and is perfect for people with really long hair that want a hat to keep their head warm but don't want the misshapened head look. This is already mailed to my friend in Sacramento. 


A post shared by Debbie T (@moodybq) on
Hat number 3 is Mollie Mae. All these patterns are free since I usually can't see myself paying for a hat pattern. 
This is helpful using up those little leftovers that gather so I tried to find a good contrast. I followed the pattern as written and to me, the hat can be a bit longer. That's just my preference...some like their hats snug to the head while others, like me prefer some room in the hat. 


And I have an extra hat for the books...a project that was laying around for a year or two so I picked it up and finished it. I forget the pattern right now but it's in my projects so I must've created a project page for it. It's cute, cotton fingering weight yarn held doubled and I'm putting it in the gift pile. 

So that's it! Hats are are a fun and usually quick project to break up some of my other bigger projects and I need the satisfaction of finishing something. They make practical and fun gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment