Wednesday, September 09, 2015

It's September already?

One of my dedicated readers keeps mentioning that I haven't blogged in a long time. Okay honey, I get it! 

After some health scares with my mom and just overall stress in dealing with that and life in general, the summer is finishing up and we're getting ready for school. 

Our oldest son, T has turned 16 years old. A milestone for many of us because we all wanted to get that drivers license. Well, those days are long gone with the restrictions on teen drivers under 18 which is good in many ways. We attended a meeting to inform parents and future drivers of the laws and restrictions in place. With a new semester beginning, T will postpone drivers ed etc to concentrate on his 2 honors classes and an extra class at SCROC. I have to start getting organized for college visits/apps too so I will be adding more stress into our lives. ;)

Today is my mom's birthday ! So thankful for her never ending love and support.


But T has really matured a lot personally over the summer and we are extremely proud. Both kids have stepped up a lot this summer and we will have a nice little break coming up to celebrate that. My mom has her birthday the day after T's so we're always busy celebrating our 2 September birthdays.

Lots of stuff to catch on, as usual so I'll start with the easiest since I still need to upload photos from a recent getaway. 


I found my knitting mojo...finished some projects that were sitting around. Of course that means, I started twice as many to be extra ambitious.

Little bear hat. 👶

Latest pair of #monstersocks #blenders #knit


Another WIP finished. Ready for cooler weather. Mismatched #knit legwarmers.

I did some nail art again after letting my nails rest for a couple of weeks.
So hot/muggy today. Decided to play with striping tape. Fun, need to practice & better eyes to peel the tiny tape.

2nd adventure with striping tape.  In Wanna Dance? and Can't Check This! Success!! #chromegirl #NHLcolors #nailart
I did some baking for H's work. 


Mango Lemon Thumbprint cookies.


Lots of leftover curd so I made mini tarts with Pillsbury sugar cookie dough.


I'm brainstorming some ideas for future projects. I don't want to say too much yet but I'm excited about it. Speaking of crafty things, I knit lots of items, big and small that I send to H's work for sale. I don't know if anyone is interested again but please let me know then I can set that up. 

Okay, that will do it for now. I need to get our groceries and some clothes/shoes for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment