Friday, July 17, 2015

Nail Art Roundup

I gave my nails a break after my nails were stained by some green polish. They were also too long and splitting so a week of rest and freshly trimmed have helped tremendously.


I'm waiting forever at the bank so I'll show you my #nailart #Missjenfabulous

It was this design that the green polish did a number on my nails. I'm still not the greatest at nail art but I have noticed a big improvement from when I first started so that's fine with me. There are so many videos on Youtube of easy nail art for beginners and it can snowball quickly. I have more fun trying and sometimes it's a total disaster. I just remove it and do something else.

My left hand usually has the better nail art because I'm right handed. Practice is key. Lately, I'll do a completely different design on my right hand just to practice and see how it looks. Even if my right hand looks a tad wonky, people still tend to give compliments because they can't see the details where I messed up and usually a distance like 2-3 feet. 

So if you're interested, there are videos and tutorials on using household items as nail tools so it doesn't have to be expensive and wasteful.Have fun with it.


Opal-ish nails using these 4 colors/gold glitter. Reminds of granite too. 😍Inspired by @naiqnaiq

These nails were supposed to look like opals. I didn't have all the right colors so mine came out more like granite which I still love. 


Springtime flowers. 🌸🌺 #nailart #cutepolish


TGIF #nailart #cutepolish #flowers


Feeling better today. Pink base, glitter then matte top coat. #nailart

I noticed that simple designs suit my nail better since I have short nails but that shouldn't limit you.


Today's nails. Coral base, silver crackle, top coat then navy shattered. Sort of liking it.

Here is my right hand for a change. Crackle or Shatter nail polish goes on like regular polish then as it dries, it cracks showing the base color. Like I said before, it looks messy up close but I got lots of compliments on this one too.

That's it for now. Nail art is something that I can do for fun and let's me carve out some personal time for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment