Monday, September 28, 2015

Howling at the Moon

The last supermoon of 2015 and it wasn't at some horrible late night time. It was a tad inconvenient since I was eating dinner and roasting another tri-tip for later this week. I admit I was too ambitious in my timing but oh well. Hector told me he could see the moon really well at the park about 2 blocks away so I shut the oven off and had the kids carry my tripod to the park. This was around 7pm.

It took a little bit for my eyes to adjust and actually see the moon which was eclipsed and very difficult to see with some the hazy clouds. We walked around some more and found a decent spot to set up.

The kids were helpful in setting up the tripod and using their phones to light up my camera to adjust settings.

I had to tweak my pictures in LR3 and crop but you can see the red color and eclipse although it's grainy.

Lunar Eclipse


Red Lunar Eclipse

Later that night around 11:30pm  I went back outside to look at the moon and it was perfectly visible from our driveway so I brought the tripod back out for the supermoon shot.



Super Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment