Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Skipping thru

The recurring theme at this blog: I'm a bad blogger.

Okay, now that's out of the way so I can share what I've been up too. The LA Kings are still in the playoffs so there's that to occupy most of my waking moments along with following all the other teams.

I did finish a pair of socks this month. I haven't done a proper photoshoot but maybe that will eventually happen.


Smaug socks finished! #gokingsgo #socks #knit

The pattern is called Smaug for all you LOTR fans and the texture resemble dragon scales. Pretty, huh? I chose a stash yarn in the depths of my yarn storage. It is a deep coral-red color that I believe is Jitterbug. I really do have to catalog my yarn so I have a record of them when I do finally finish my projects. Sigh, another project to add to my ever growing list.

Oh, but this pattern is pretty awesome. I love the texture and I know lots of friends and family would love this pattern. I'm not so sure if socks are such a good gift...I don't know if they would appreciate them as much as I love them.

I do keep knitting them though.

Here is another fun distraction knit...


My knitted Stanley Cup waiting in the wings for my beloved #lakings #knit Note: I have red wine to help me!

A Stanley Cup (knitted, of course)! I figured I should have another one waiting in the wings...just in case. This is much bigger than my original one and believe you me, I needed this bottle of wine (others not pictured) to get through the first 2 rounds of playoffs. Needless to say, our neighbors definitely knew when the Kings scored!


Being silly.

I had a lovely Mother's Day and birthday (way back in April). It was gadget driven so I got a new iPhone5 and Chromecast (both life changers). ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment