Thursday, May 29, 2014

Show and Tell

I have some pretty knits to show off today. Actually some have been done for a while but I've taken photos now so I can share.

We had a heat wave 2 weeks back which sucked the life out of everyone and now we are to our usual May gray/June gloom. I like the cool weather, personally.

Okay, here are my Smaug socks which I may have shown off before but I took a couple more photos of me wearing them which displays the stitches off better. Yes, the socks are really bright and my legs are even brighter.
IMG_4593.jpg
These are kind of snug on me so I will gift them to my niece who is graduating high school and going off to school in Chicago where she will need some more warm accessories. 

Another pair of socks that are plain vanilla socks because look at how crazy colorful/bright the yarn is. Lots of knitters refer to this kind of colorful yarn as clown barf. Descriptive, isn't it? With all the socks I knit with intricate patterns/textures, I do love me some plain socks. A ribbed leg for lots of stretch will fit a variety of people.
IMG_4589.jpg
These are just a tad long for me so I will gift them to a dear friend. I know she will appreciate the wild colors.
IMG_4591.jpg
I also finally finished a baby blanket. I targeted the future dad since he is a USC grad and he can avoid the typical cutsey factor. This can be very tedious and hard for me to complete but I gave myself enough time and slogged along. The finished result is great so if I do attempt another blanket, this pattern is the perfect  one to use up those leftovers I save up. I'm sure I can find another pregnant friend somewhere.

IMG_4597.jpg
Last, but not least are some cute coasters. The pattern is called Drip Coasters (free on Rav) and another great way to use up leftovers; this time with sock yarn.

IMG_4599.jpg

  I think these will a nice end of the year gift to Joshua's teacher. 



IMG_4600.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment