Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Tuesday

The weather has cooled down quite a bit so I decided to make some Cranberry Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. Ooh, these are yummy. The recipe called for a 15 x 10 baking pan which I don't have so I just subbed in a normal
13 x 9 pan with a small 5 x 5 pan. It worked out well since I can send the larger pan to Hector's work and keep just a small amount for us. :)
IMG_2065.jpg


I've had a hummingbird feeder for several years now but have never been that successful. Once a year I give it another go but I guess we don't have any flowers in the backyard to attract the hummingbirds.

IMG_2031.jpg

We have Bird of Paradise plants in the front of the house and sometimes I see hummingbirds buzzing around those, so I put the feeder out front.
IMG_2059.jpg
Finally after several days, I spot the first bird yesterday afternoon. Yay! Josh was super excited and got his binoculars to see it up close.
IMG_2036.jpg

Today the same little bird is back and guarding it like it's his own personal feeder. He really is a little bully. I saw him chase away a bigger hummingbird away or he sits in a nearby plant keeping watch.

I might have to get another type of feeder just to see what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment