Friday, October 18, 2013

Hat Hat Hat

Time to post my knit projects! I got an urge to knit some hats and use some stash yarn so I dove into my big stash hall cupboard, pulled out some yarn and found the perfect patterns.

First up is some Bernat Mosaic yarn in a rainbow colorway. So baby hats are in order to take advantage of this bright cheery yarn. This free pattern is called Double Pom Earflap Baby Hat (minus the earflaps). I think these can be unisex since the pink is not too dominant but I guess that depends on the beholder.
Pair of Double Pom Hats

They are still super cute. Unfortunately, I don't have a baby handy to make sure they are too big/small/just right.

Rainbow Double Pom Hat

Babies will totally be able to pull off this adorable look. I have to keep this pattern in mind when/if I ever need to come up with a fast baby knit. I even got the 2 hats from the one skein of yarn!

Second Double Pom Hat

So  while searching for the previous yarn, I dig through about many many other balls of yarn and even smaller balls of leftovers so this calls for the Slip Stitch Stash Hat.

Slip Stitch stash hat

It works extremely well with contrasting colors which I chose after seeing the blue/green combo at the beginning. The hat can be subtle or make an impact with pops of colors.

At first, I placed the hat on the bed for the usual photo op then remembered my glass head that I bought at Pier One.

Glass head modelling hat
Much better presentation.

Another view of Slip Stitch Stash Hat
Nice & colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment