Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Fur Girl Portraits

I met Julie a year and half ago on the Kings fan cruise so we immediately bonded over hockey and the LA Kings. She has 2 cute dogs which she refers to as her "fur girls" which are her babies.

I wanted to surprise Julie with some pet portraits which takes some planning while she is away on a trip and Kat dogsits. Timing, weather and life always kept getting in the way but today was the day where we both had the time and the weather was cooperative.

Now for the subject of getting the dogs to behave. Ideally, I would try to try and portraits of the dogs together but normally they don't seem to hang out well next to each other so we had to do each one separately.

Lady is more patient and mellow while Raina is spastic and often clueless but both dogs are super cute. I originally was going to take them to a nearby park but the sun started getting hot and I thought the outside area of her place worked with the greenery. Plus we could pose one dog at a time while the other was inside the house and they switch them out. It worked great.



Raina
Raina
This is Raina a miniature Australian sheepdog.  She has gorgeous light brown/amber eyes with the cute ears. She is a snuggler/burrower that is so endearing then when you least expect it, she will launch herself onto you if you're sitting on the couch. Raina took a while to settle down and sit so I don't have many different poses with her. Yes, if I could describe Raina in one word, it's spaz. :)

Raina B/W
Raina in B/W
Next up, we have Lady (spaniel breed). Lady is the perfect lady as her name implies. For her photography session, she happily sat and posed in and out of the house. Raina was all over the place.
That's why I have more photos of Lady. She has more patience which helps me have the time to set up the shot and she has nice expressive, knowing eyes.

IMG_1969.jpg
Lady is ready for her close-up.
Cute Lady
Cooperative & working the angles.
Lady poses
"I know I'm adorable."
Lady sits
Classic Lady.
Lady is a sweetheart
Lady thinking, "hurry up!"
Patient Lady
Okay, only one more photo.
Lady's Funny Lip
This is the photo that paparazzi takes and publishes unflattering pic of me biting my lip.
Sigh.
So that's the portrait session, then the fur girls took a nap after their exhausting shoot. It's tough to be adorable....woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment