Monday, October 14, 2013

Night at the Hollywood Bowl

My friend Julie and I went to the Hollywood Bowl Saturday night to see 30 Seconds to Mars with New Politics & Panic! At the Disco as the openers.

We had such fun and the Hollywood Bowl is a great place for a concert. Even though we were toward the upper 2/3s of the seating, there are really hi-def screens to see the guys up close.  I really appreciated that the sound was not super loud that leave your ears ringing at the end of the night.

We took a shuttle bus from Torrance and it worked out great. It drops you off up further on the hill so it's a short walk to the entrance and then it was very easy to find our bus at the end of the night and jump right on.

I think my new favorite current band is New Politics. They sound great with lots of energy plus the lead singer is a terrific dancer. I didn't know who the band was until they sang this song which is on heavy rotation on KROQ.



Panic! At the Disco has been around for a while since I overheard lots of young women exclaim that this band was from their high school days!! Ha, made me feel pretty old...so that was about 6 years ago?

Anyway, the band was good although out of the 3 that I saw that night, they were my least fave.



Now for 30 Seconds to Mars...lots of hysterical screaming all night for Jared Leto. If you don't know who he is, Google him. He's an actor although I think he is singing full time now. He has a great voice and obviously inspires lots of people.





Overall, a highly entertaining evening. Concerts haven't been all that appealing to me in the past year or so but this experience makes me want to see some concerts now....

No comments:

Post a Comment