Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Knits Blowout!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season!! :)

We had a wonderful time with family and friends with a minor Christmas present crisis (not ours) that I had to help do really last second shopping for a friend. Reminder: dont let this happen EVER AGAIN!!! You know who you are and I fufilled my friend duty. If it occurs again, call someone else. :) Seriously...

Okay, my knitting pile turned out great just because I went through past knits that I originally intended for myself and they just sat in the drawer after being used once or twice. So I thought I'd add those unused items and see if my family would like them. Boy, they sure did. We followed the same outline as our gift exchange with the 2 steals but that lead to some feelings being slightly hurt so we shall eliminate the stealing part next time which won't happen for a while because those items knitted were accumulated over a period of a few years of knitting!!

One of the knitted items was my latest finished project, Staccato socks. It was part of my Ravelry SKA December challenge to use leftovers. Over about 6+ years of knitting socks, I have plenty of leftovers. I've made more socks, scarves and a baby blanket and still have plenty of leftovers.

I loved this pattern except the heel portion which totally confused me so I had to modify it to a gusset heel and the mix of colors came out great. :) The other bothersome part is the pattern doesn't have much give or stretch to it so I couldn't even try the sock on my foot as I knit. That's not usually a good sign. But I knit on because I was determined and figured the socks will find their owner.

I was right and my niece K fell in love with them. I warned her that they were small but she got her feet in them and proclaimed them hers!! Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures of the knitted items with their new recipients because of poor lighting.

staccato socks2

I do have a project set up (in my mind) so I need to start working on it so I don't forget. Happy Knitting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment