Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Three day weekend

Had a nice anniversay weekend considering we have been dealing with H's mother's health declining rapidly etc. H & I went to our favorite steak place Morton's to check it out since they were bought out by Landrys.

Overall, the steak & food was very good with some slight tweaks to their restaurant/menu that we noticed since we've been going their for over 10+years. I think we will try some other steak places next time to see how they compare but the reason why we loved Morton's is for their high quality/consistency. I don't even think we've been unhappy or dissatisfied with their food/service in our experiences.

I took the kids to see Wreck It Ralph and it was great! Great storyline for both kids and adults alike and definitely an instant classic. The kids loved spotting video/arcade game characters and references. I know several viewings will reveal more that we missed. Tyler and I got the Beard Papa reference which was kind of funny.

I also dove into the realm of baking cupcakes which I blame on my cousins when they shared this cupcake site. I really never got into the whole cupcake trend where I know I'm several years late but I know they're overpriced etc. I don't have a super sweet tooth but the concept of cupcakes is appealing. A small sized cake with some frosting and it works for me. It must have been the fantastic photos on the website along with 33 recipes for those speciality type cupcakes that are sold in bakeries. I can bake a dozen cupcakes, keep/try a few then give the rest away to moms/kids I know. :)

I baked the pumpkin and the apple cupcakes which were a big hit with everyone that tried them. Tyler especially liked the pumpkin ones while my friend Laura chose the apple as her fave. And the best part is that the recipes are quite simple and I have most of the ingredients already. :)

 
 
Sorry for the lousy iPhone pics but I didn't plan it too well. Hmm, I have some cupcakes in the fridge so maybe I can take some decent pics. :)

Pumpkin & Apple cupcakes
Better pic

No comments:

Post a Comment